How to care for Dawn Redwood as bonsai
Metasequoia glyptostroboides - Dawn Redwood likes full sun, is easy to grow and is fast growing. They like moisture, a deep pot and require little fertilizer. Propagation is from summer cuttings.
- The natural form of Dawn Redwood at maturity is narrow conical with a single trunk and horizontal branching. Forms a dense broad rounded crown with age.
- Fine feathery textured foliage is attractive till winter. Bright green leaves will be changing to an orange brown in Dec.
- Dark brown pendulous cones (a conifer).
- Bark reddish brown changing to darker brown exfoliating fluted buttressing trunk.
- Very attractive when use in groupings.